Greetings-

This afternoon I am discussing the latest creation that I have found to be extremely useful in the classroom setting, a Random Name Chooser.

Chooser0

With this particular Notebook file, the teacher has the ability to plug in their students’ names into the Random Word Chooser Flash File from the Smart Gallery inside of the Notebook software. The application of this file in my classroom stays hidden/minimized at the bottom of the screen until there is a need for it throughout the school day. When I pull it up, the students know they will no longer need to raise their hands/call out to answer, rather I will use the Student Selector for that part of the lesson. It has had a tremendous effect in classroom management during the times when I need the class to maintain a calm atmosphere when I am asking questions pertaining to the lesson involved.

Chooser3

The construction of a Student Selector will take a period of time to construct and if interested I would highly recommend the teachings and tutelage of Jim Hollis, who is the creator and maintainer of the Teacher Online Training online video tutorials that cover a variety of topics related to building Smart Board lesson construction. There is an online course specifically for the Student Selector there.

If you have any questions as to how to work with this particular file, please feel free to contact me.

When I post lessons like this one and in the future, I will be then posting the lessons onto my Box.net Share folder that is located at thisĀ Box.Net Link and is conveniently placed at the top right hand side of this blog.

Thanks for stopping by,

Bill

Name (required)

Email (required)

Website

Speak your mind